Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious stuffed mushrooms that are easy to make!
Make and share this Crab Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained (170g each)
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 portabella mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- In small bowl, combine crabmeat, breadcrumbs, hot pepper sauce, garlic powder, milk, parsley, egg, salt and pepper. Stir to blend well. Set aside.
- Wipe tops of mushrooms with soft damp cloth or paper towel.
- Mound ¼ of mixture onto inside of each mushroom cap.
- Place mushroom caps into large frypan. Pour wine into frypan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 12 - 15 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer mushrooms to baking sheet. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375F 15 - 18 minutes or until Parmesan cheese is lightly browned.
- Cut into quarters. Serve immediately.
Reviewed for PAC Fall 2008. Mmmmmm! This was delicious! I made the recipe as written, except the list of ingredients listed 1 cup of chicken broth but the instructions mentioned wine to cook with. I opted to go for the flavour and used the wine. We had this as an appetizer for my birthday dinner and it served 3 of us (DS doesn't like crab or mushrooms) and DH, DD and I were fighting over the last one. Thank you for posting this yummy recipe. This will probably become my new go-to appetizer when we have company.