Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Tip: To reduce sodium in recipe substitute a sodium free Cajun seasoning for the regular Cajun or Old Bay seasoning. Yield: 4 servings
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell peppers or 2 tablespoons green bell peppers
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning or 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
- 8 ounces backfin lump crabmeat, divided use
- 4 orange roughy fillets (approximately 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or 1⁄2 small lemon juice, from
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon light margarine (45 calories per tablespoon)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray and 8-x 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.
- In small mixing bowl combine egg substitute, breadcrumbs, onion, bell pepper, Cajun seasoning, dried mustard, parsley and hot sauce until blended.
- Stir in 5 ounces of the crabmeat.
- Rinse and pat fish dry.
- Spoon ¼ of the crab mixture onto each fillet and roll up.
- Place in prepared baking dish seam side down.
- Spray lightly with cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with lemon juice and paprika.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan melt margarine.
- Lightly sauté onion.
- Add wine, chicken broth, flour and pepper.
- Stir until combined add remaining crabmeat and heat until mixture is warm throughout.
- Spoon sauce over fish and serve immediately.
We really enjoyed this recipe for orange roughy tonight. The dish looks attractive and tastes delicious. We loved the spicy flavors. DH had to substitute chives for the green onion as that is what I had on hand. We also used real egg. We would definitely make this dish again. Thanks!
At my husband's company christmas party every year, they serve this dish. it is SO good and since this is the only recipe for it on recipezaar, i used this to try to make it. PERFECT! this was sooooo good i was mad that i only made enough for each of us to only have 1. Flavorful, moist, delicious! Thanks for sharing your recipe!
Although I am not a seafood fan, I made this because my boyfriend is. I thought it was pretty good, but he absolutely loved it and gave it 5 stars! It was pretty easy to make also.