Tip: To reduce sodium in recipe substitute a sodium free Cajun seasoning for the regular Cajun or Old Bay seasoning. Yield: 4 servings
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell peppers or 2 tablespoons green bell peppers
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning or 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
- 8 ounces backfin lump crabmeat, divided use
- 4 orange roughy fillets (approximately 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or 1/2 small lemon juice, from
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon light margarine (45 calories per tablespoon)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray and 8-x 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.
- 3In small mixing bowl combine egg substitute, breadcrumbs, onion, bell pepper, Cajun seasoning, dried mustard, parsley and hot sauce until blended.
- 4Stir in 5 ounces of the crabmeat.
- 5Rinse and pat fish dry.
- 6Spoon ¼ of the crab mixture onto each fillet and roll up.
- 7Place in prepared baking dish seam side down.
- 8Spray lightly with cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with lemon juice and paprika.
- 9Bake for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- 10Meanwhile in a small saucepan melt margarine.
- 11Lightly sauté onion.
- 12Add wine, chicken broth, flour and pepper.
- 13Stir until combined add remaining crabmeat and heat until mixture is warm throughout.
- 14Spoon sauce over fish and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Orange Roughy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Orange Roughy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Stuffed Orange Roughy
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.7
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 94.5 mg
- Sodium 615.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 33.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: