Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
This recipe is fewer than 10 steps, takes less than 10 minutes, and is microwaveable! I usually have all the ingredients already in my pantry. From "J-M" Mushroom Farm.
- 1⁄4 cup minced scallion
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 4 ounces drained canned crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon drained white horseradish
- 2 cloves minced pressed garlic or 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 drops hot red pepper sauce
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- ground red pepper (to garnish)
- Wash mushrooms, pat dry, remove stems and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine scallions and butter and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir in crabmeat, parsley, horseradish, garlic and hot pepper sauce, stirring well.
- Place half the mushrooms gill side up on a plate and fill each cap with crab mixture.
- Microwave on high 3-4 minutes, turning plate once.
- Remove mushrooms to a serving plate.
- Repeat this process with the remaining mushrooms.
- Let stand 2-3 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with red pepper to garnish.
I made these for New Years Eve.. along with some sausage stuffed mushrooms... and my Guests ate them like they were going out of style.. they were Delicious!!! the only thing I did different.. was to bake them in the oven 20 min at 350 degrees instead of microwaving and I used Crimini mushrooms because they are my favorites!!! Bravo to SmHerndon!!!!
I used this recipe as the basis of a baked stuffed portabella dish. I used all the same ingredients and I added some cheddar to the stuffing mixture and topped with a bit of parmesan. I sauteed the onion and garlic a bit in a little of the butter before making the stuffing. I also removed all the gills from the mushrooms before stuffing as I find that gives more room for stuffing. After baking for 20 minutes we enjoyed a very tasty main course.