Recipe by Shawn C
This is a great make ahead recipe for parties or just so you can have this wonderful treat any time you want. We like to squeeze lemon juice on top after cooking.
- 1 (6 ounce) package crabmeat (canned, frozen or fresh)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 4 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 12 medium mushroom caps
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain crabmeat well.
- In bowl mix crab with mayo, celery, onion, bread crumbs, lemon juice, sherry, salt and hot sauce.
- Lightly brush mushroom caps with oil.
- Stuff mixture in each cap.
- Arrange on wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Freeze mushrooms then place in sealed container or freezer bag until ready to use.
- 10 minutes before serving, remove as many mushrooms as you need.
- Place on microwave safe plate.
- Cook high power for 5-6 minutes or until hot.
- If necessary, blot cooked mushrooms with paper towel before serving.
- Serve with lemon juice or place provolone cheese on top and heat in broiler until melted.
- You can cook these in a hot oven if you prefer, a 350°F oven--should take about 10-15 minutes to cook from frozen.