Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
I've never tasted this because I'm allergic to seafood, but the people I've made it for love it. It is from Southern Living.
Top Review by SugarJen
Very, very good! Yum! I sadly realized I was out of sherry after I started making this, so now I'm looking forward to making it again, the correct way. Can't imagine it possibly getting any better though!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs very fresh large mushrooms, about 18
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 8 ounces fresh lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove and chop mushroom stems; set the mushroom caps aside.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet add the chopped mushroom stems, onion, and garlic. Sauté 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in bread crumbs and next 7 ingredients until mixture is well blended. Gently stir in crabmeat.
- Spoon crabmeat mixture evenly into mushroom caps. Place on rack in a broiler pan. Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes. Serve hot.