Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I've never tasted this because I'm allergic to seafood, but the people I've made it for love it. It is from Southern Living.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs very fresh large mushrooms, about 18
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 8 ounces fresh lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Remove and chop mushroom stems; set the mushroom caps aside.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet add the chopped mushroom stems, onion, and garlic. Sauté 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in bread crumbs and next 7 ingredients until mixture is well blended. Gently stir in crabmeat.
- Spoon crabmeat mixture evenly into mushroom caps. Place on rack in a broiler pan. Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes. Serve hot.
Very, very good! Yum! I sadly realized I was out of sherry after I started making this, so now I'm looking forward to making it again, the correct way. Can't imagine it possibly getting any better though!
This was awesome! I did a search on google and found like 10 zillion recipes. The website address made me pull up this one, and boy I was happy about it! I altered the recipe slightly. I used a 14 oz package of mushrooms, about 1 1/2 cups crab meat, didn't have any parsley, and used "normal" breadcrumbs out of the carton. The key to the flavor is the Sherry (I used Golden Sherry), and then blending of the ingredients. Wonderful flavor! Thanks for sharing such a great recipe. I look forward to making this one on a regular basis!
Served this for a large football party. Rave reviews - even from vegetarians, and Atkins followers. Use LARGE mushrooms, or plan to make 25 -30, this makes alot of stuffing!