Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I tried these at a party one time and had to have the recipe. These are wonderful! The hostess said she got the recipe from the Colorado Cache Cookbook. Prep time is approximate.
- 25 fresh mushrooms (large enough to stuff)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- Blend all ingredients except mushrooms.
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems.
- Fill mushroom caps with mixture.
- Sprinkle top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes in a shallow buttered dish until hot and bubbly.
Very excellent. I thought they might be a bit rich, but were not at all. Next time I thought I might chop up and saute the stems in garlic butter and add to filling.
Wonderful! I used about 10 Baby Bellas (baby portabellas) and fake crab meat! Everything else was the real McCoy! This served as a very special treat for my elderly mother-after she came home from a massage and pedicure! Ahhhh! A light "spa food" dinner!
A keeper! Terrific flavor - I used less minced onion and more horseradish. I also got more than 25 mushrooms out of this recipe. DH loved them! Will be one of my standard appetizers for sure.