Prep 35 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great for a chinese cocktail party or any cocktail party. From Australian Womens's Weekly Oriental Dinner Party Cookbook.Prepare mushrooms, ready for frying, several hours ahead if desired.Prep time is approximated.
- 250 g small mushrooms
- 60 g pork mince
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 0.5 (185 g) can crabmeat, draines
- 0.5 (230 g) can bamboo shoots, finely chopped
- plain flour
- oil (for deep frying)
- 2⁄3 cup plain flour
- 2⁄3 cup cornflour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Remove and discard mushroom stems.
- Combine pork with soy sauce, sugar and cornflour, stir in crab and bamboo shoots.
- Place into cavity of mushrooms,mound filling in the centre.
- Coat mushrooms with flour, dip in batter.
- Deep fry mushrooms, a few at a time, in hot oil for about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked through and golden brown.
- Stir dry ingredients into bowl, make a well in centre, gradually stir in milk and water, mix to a smooth batter.