Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great for a chinese cocktail party or any cocktail party. From Australian Womens's Weekly Oriental Dinner Party Cookbook.Prepare mushrooms, ready for frying, several hours ahead if desired.Prep time is approximated.
- Remove and discard mushroom stems.
- Combine pork with soy sauce, sugar and cornflour, stir in crab and bamboo shoots.
- Place into cavity of mushrooms,mound filling in the centre.
- Coat mushrooms with flour, dip in batter.
- Deep fry mushrooms, a few at a time, in hot oil for about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked through and golden brown.
- Stir dry ingredients into bowl, make a well in centre, gradually stir in milk and water, mix to a smooth batter.