Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is the best stuffed mushroom recipe I have on file, and I have tried many!
- 12 large fresh mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided in half
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 6 ounces crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Remove stems from mushrooms; set caps aside. Finely chop stems.
- In a skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter; saute stems and onions until tender.
- In a bowl, combine crab and lemon juice.
- Add onion mixture, mayonnaise, bread crumbs, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to crab mixture; mix well. Stuff into mushroom caps.
- Sprinkle stuffed mushrooms with Parmesan cheese. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Melt remaining butter; drizzle over mushrooms.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm.