Recipe by WildlifeDi
This recipe came from Southern Living Magazine years ago.....make copies of it to take with you wherever you serve it! They will ask for it
Top Review by Christine1
This is a wonderful dish! I make it during the Holidays as an appetizer and it's always the first to go. Make sure your family &/or your guests know that they are VERY hot when first taken out of the oven!!!
- 12 large mushrooms or 18 medium mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 (6 ounce) package frozen crabmeat, thawed and drained (or use fresh..I do)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs, divided equally
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Gently rinse mushrooms, and pat dry.
- Remove stems.
- Brush caps with salad oil, and place upright in a buttered baking dish.
- Combine the egg, crab, mayonnaise, onion, and lemon juice with 1/4 cup breadcrumbs.
- Stuff the caps with the mixture. Combine the remaining 1/4 cup breadcrumbs with the melted butter.
- Sprinkle over crab mixture. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
- They should be a golden brown on the breadcrumb/butter topping.
- Serve immediately.
- Also, caution when they are served.
- There will be juice in the cap under the mixture which will be VERY hot.