Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
Awesome. Make a double batch because there are never enough of these. Enjoy!
- 24 large mushrooms
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons grated romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 4 ounces crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cognac
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Remove mushroom stems.
- Combine 2 TBSP romano cheese with remaining ingredients in a bowl; beat with mixer for 5 minutes.
- Fill mushrooms with a 1/2 inch crown left on top.
- Lightly butter a large baking sheet and arrange stuffed mushrooms with a space between.
- Bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove mushrooms from oven; sprinkle with 2 TBSP Romano cheese.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place mushrooms under broiler until cheese melts and is golden.
I halved this recipe as a New Year's Eve appetizer. I substituted a 'quatro frommagio' grated cheese blend I had on hand for the romano. I omitted the parsley (didn't have on hand), and substituted brandy for the cognac. I used crumbled Garden Herb Triscuits for the bread crumbs. I suggest baking longer than 10 minutes, which was not sufficient to soften and release the mushrooms. Next time I'll use smaller bite size mushrooms.