Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These babies are easy, quick, elegant and oooh sooo goood.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced fine
- 1⁄4 cup celery, diced fine
- 1 ounce white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 ounces dungeness crabmeat, your choice (or king, snow or lump)
- 1 ounce heavy cream or 1 ounce half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 16 large mushrooms, stems remove and minced
- 16 slices baby swiss cheese, small and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat and saute onion, celery and mushroom stems until tender.
- Add wine, seasonings, lemon juice and crabmeat; simmer 3 minutes.
- Add cream and shredded cheese; cook until cheese melts.
- Add bread crumbs.
- Spoon mixture into mushroom caps and top with slices of baby swiss cheese.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.