Recipe by Diane in Nebraska
I have always loved the stuffed mushrooms from Red Lobster so I created my own version which I have enjoyed even more!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 24 large white mushrooms
- 12 ounces flaked crabmeat
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs or 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- Spray a 9x12-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Use an additional baking dish if needed.
- Drizzle olive oil or butter in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Wipe mushrooms with a damp paper towel to clean.
- Remove stems, set aside caps and chop stems to add to filling.
- In a medium bowl, mix crabmeat, chopped mushroom stems, onion, dry mustard, 1 cup parmesan cheese, SOFT bread crumbs (fresh bread frozen and then shredded), parsley, red and black pepper, and garlic salt.
- Mix well and then stir in egg and mayonnaise.
- Use a small cookie scoop to mound filling onto each mushroom cap.
- Melt butter and mix in garlic salt and drizzle over the filled mushrooms.
- Mound a generous portion of the shredded parmesan cheese on top of each filled mushroom. Note: For softer, melted cheese, you may want to use mozzarella cheese or brick cheese for the topping.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 425°F.
- Best served hot.
- Can be prepared ahead, refrigerated and then baked just before serving (add 7-10 minutes additional baking time).