1/8 Photos of Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Diane in Nebraska's Note:
I have always loved the stuffed mushrooms from Red Lobster so I created my own version which I have enjoyed even more!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil or 1/4 cup melted butter
- 24 large white mushrooms
- 12 ounces flaked crabmeat
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs or 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 1Spray a 9x12-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2Use an additional baking dish if needed.
- 3Drizzle olive oil or butter in the bottom of the baking dish.
- 4Wipe mushrooms with a damp paper towel to clean.
- 5Remove stems, set aside caps and chop stems to add to filling.
- 6In a medium bowl, mix crabmeat, chopped mushroom stems, onion, dry mustard, 1 cup parmesan cheese, SOFT bread crumbs (fresh bread frozen and then shredded), parsley, red and black pepper, and garlic salt.
- 7Mix well and then stir in egg and mayonnaise.
- 8Use a small cookie scoop to mound filling onto each mushroom cap.
- 9Melt butter and mix in garlic salt and drizzle over the filled mushrooms.
- 10Mound a generous portion of the shredded parmesan cheese on top of each filled mushroom. Note: For softer, melted cheese, you may want to use mozzarella cheese or brick cheese for the topping.
- 11Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 425°F.
- 12Best served hot.
- 13Can be prepared ahead, refrigerated and then baked just before serving (add 7-10 minutes additional baking time).
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (1545 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.1
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 35.3 mg
- Sodium 370.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 8.6 g