Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
No one can believe that this recipe is low fat and I get lots of request for it. It is fast, easy and can be made up ahead of time. I got this recipe from the Looneyspoons series
- 16 white mushrooms, large, with stems
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can crabmeat, drained
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 -3 drops hot pepper sauce
- Wash mushrooms and pat dry with paper towels. Pull out stems and mince all or most of the stems to make up 1 cup. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add minced stems and onions. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender, about 3 - 4 minutes. Be careful not to burn them.
- In a medium bowl, combine mushroom onion mixture with all regaining ingredients. Using a teaspoon, stuff mushrooms with filling, mounding on top.
- Arrange stuffed mushrooms in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes. Let sit for 5 - 10 minutes to cool. Serve hot or at room temperature.
I used low-fat Caesar salad dressing/dip in place of the mayonnaise.