Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great for appetizers or dinner parties
Make and share this Crab Stuffed Mini Puffs recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb flaked crabmeat or 1 lb imitation crabmeat, if you can't get fresh- shredded
- In a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, bring water, butter and salt to a boil Add flour all at once, stir until a smooth ball forms.
- Remove from heat let stand 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat until smooth and shiny.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 inchs apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks.
- Immediately split puffs open, remove and discard soft dough from inside.
- For Filling, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream onion, salt, dill, lemon juice and pepper in a bowl.
- Fold in the crab.
- Fill bottom halves of puffs, replace tops.
- Serve immediately.
just what i was looking for
These were much easier than they sounded...the dough turned out perfect. And the taste was wonderful...next time I would cut back on the dill a little bit but I will definitely make them again. A very elegant appetizer!