Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I was feeling creative, and having a seafood craving. I came up with this and decided to keep track of how much of what I was using, so here it is. It seems to be missing something, so maybe you can help?
- 1 lb imitation crabmeat
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans&w diced tomatoes, with roasted garlic and sweet onion
- 8 ounces manicotti
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese (reduced fat cream cheese)
- 3⁄4 lb large shrimp (41-60 ct.)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- Combine crab meat with undrained tomatoes.
- Let soak while cooking manicotti according to package directions.
- When manicotti is done, drain crab/tomato mixture and blend with neufchatel.
- Stuff manicotti with crab mixture and arrange in a 10 x 13 casserole dish.
- Pour alfredo evenly over manicotti.
- Top with shrimp and bake at 375F for 15-20 minutes.
I agree about the Ricotta cheese - also use real crabmeat - my boyfriend made this for me for V-day and it was awesome and so different than most recipes!
I would use a ricotta cheese mixture instead of the cream cheese---for what its worth:)Peggy in TX