Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are excellent.
- 1 (10 ounce) canwhole jalapenos, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained
- 1⁄8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon regular cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 cup regular cornmeal
- vegetable oil
- Cut stems from jalapenos.
- Scoop out seeds, using a small, sharp knife (do not cut jalapenos).
- Stuff each pepper with crab meat; set aside.
- Combine 1/8 cup flour and next 4 ingredients; stir until smooth, and set aside.
- Combine 1/4 cup flour and 1/8 cup cornmeal; set aside.
- Dip stuffed jalapenos in batter; dredge in flour mixture.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 to 3 inches in a dutch oven; heat to 375 degrees.
- Fry jalapenos a few at a time, 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.