1 hr 30 mins
I was trying to figure out a dish to use up various ingredients that I had in the fridge to keep them from getting out dated and this was the result. Nice and creamy and a new comfort food for our family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
for hash browns
- 2 lbs frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Thaw the frozen hash browns, if you have to pop them in the microwave.
- 3Dice the bacon and fry it up fairly crisp.
- 4While the bacon is frying and the potatoes are thawing combine all of the stuffing ingredients in a medium bowl.
- 5Mix together in a large bowl: 1/4 cup of the melted butter, mushroom soup, sour cream, cream cheese, bacon and shredded cheese.
- 6Fold in the thawed hash browns.
- 7Lightly grease a large casserole dish. Mine is a 3 quart.
- 8Spread 1/2 of the potato mixture in the bottom of the casserole.
- 9Layer the stuffing on top of the potatoes leaving a narrow gap around the edges.
- 10Top that with the rest of the potatoes.
- 11Mix the rest of the melted butter with the bread crumbs and sprinkle on top of the potatoes.
- 12Bake for 1 hour, top should be golden brown.
- 13Let rest for a few minutes when you take it out before you serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Stuffed Hash Browns
Serving Size: 1 (454 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 986.4
- Calories from Fat 656
- Total Fat 72.9 g
- Saturated Fat 37.3 g
- Cholesterol 171.3 mg
- Sodium 1663.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 24.4 g