Recipe by jellyko
This truly is so tasty and impresses everyone who has had it. I chop everything and then it comes together easily. I am not sure where I even got this recipe it has been so long. I have used haddock, cod, flounder and orange roughy and they all were great with this recipe.
Top Review by rbaugie
made this today, only thing different was instead of rolling up stuffing each filet, i layered a 9x12 pan with the fish (after spraying with butter spray) and then stuffing and then again another layer of fish...much easier then rolling etc.. thanks!!
- 1 stalk chopped celery
- 3 chopped green onions
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 lb fresh crabmeat
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 6 fish fillets (4 oz each)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 chopped plum tomato
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook celery, green onions and garlic in hot oil over medium heat until tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Add crabmeat and all else except fish and melted butter.
- Brush fish with melted butter.
- Spoon 1 heaping tablespoons crab mixture on one half of each fillet.
- Fold other half over top (can toothpick).
- Place in 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Spoon remaining crab mixture over each stuffed fillet and drizzle with remaining melted butter.
- Cover and bake at 375°F for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 minutes more until fish flakes easily.