Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This truly is so tasty and impresses everyone who has had it. I chop everything and then it comes together easily. I am not sure where I even got this recipe it has been so long. I have used haddock, cod, flounder and orange roughy and they all were great with this recipe.
- 1 stalk chopped celery
- 3 chopped green onions
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 lb fresh crabmeat
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 6 fish fillets (4 oz each)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 chopped plum tomato
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- Cook celery, green onions and garlic in hot oil over medium heat until tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Add crabmeat and all else except fish and melted butter.
- Brush fish with melted butter.
- Spoon 1 heaping tablespoons crab mixture on one half of each fillet.
- Fold other half over top (can toothpick).
- Place in 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Spoon remaining crab mixture over each stuffed fillet and drizzle with remaining melted butter.
- Cover and bake at 375°F for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 minutes more until fish flakes easily.
I made this tonight and was not impressed, my husband said "it's edible ", which isn't saying much, because will pretty much eat anything. It really didn't have much flavor and I would never make this again.
made this today, only thing different was instead of rolling up stuffing each filet, i layered a 9x12 pan with the fish (after spraying with butter spray) and then stuffing and then again another layer of fish...much easier then rolling etc.. thanks!!
Wonderful. I had flounder with stuffed crab meat last weekend at an exclusinve restaurant and I found this recipe to try. This is as good or better than it was. Will definately fix it again :)