Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Almost everything I used here was on sale this week at my supermarket - Buy 1 get 2 free - and I didn't find a recipe anywhere, so I came up with this one - which is easy and good!! Not too spicey - wanted to keep it easy on the post-flu stomach - but VERY good!!
- 3 frozen pollock fillets (or cod or scrod or sole - etc)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flaked imitation crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup frozen spinach, chopped (or fresh - if so, precook first)
- 1 1⁄2 slices swiss cheese
- Thaw frozen fish.
- Mix together crab and spinach- first flaking the crab by hand- so there are still lumps but not too many- for 3 filets, I used about 1/4 pkg of crab and about 1/2.
- cup of spinach- or so.
- Lay filets down- put a BIG spoonful of the mixture on each one and roll together-not like a jelly roll (I put too much mix in there) But enough to secure both ends.
- with a toothpick.
- Add 1/2 slice of cheese to the top of each filet- I used Swiss- which worked out great because the holes went over the toothpicks sticking up-.
- Place in a baking plate sprayed with Pam- add about 1/4 cup of water (I HATE slimey fish).
- Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes or so- no sauce- no trouble- so good!
- Figure about 2 per person- I made 3 (this recipe) and ate two!