1 hr 30 mins
Found on Allrecipes; submitted by Sue Z."Delicious Filet Mignon stuffed with succulent crab, wrapped in bacon and topped with whiskey-peppercorn sauce. Time consuming, but just as good, if not better than any high-end restaurant recipe." Make it we did and it was awesome! We made a few slight changes; personal preference!. Make the sauce the day ahead, it is too time consuming and is best out of the way. However, it IS worth the effort! It was fantastic! ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 2 teaspoons minced green onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced celery
- 1 teaspoon minced green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons shrimp stock or 2 tablespoons water or 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 pinch Old Bay Seasoning (for the chicken stock or water)
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained or 6 ounces fresh crabmeat, picked over
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs (We used Panko breadcrumbs)
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning (We didn't use)
- 1MAKE CRAB STUFFING:.
- 2Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet.
- 3Saute onion, green onion, garlic, celery, and green pepper until tender.
- 4Stir in shrimp stock, water seasoned with Old Bay or chicken broth seasoned with Old Bay seasoning, crab meat, bread crumbs or Panko breadcrumbs, and Cajun seasoning, if using (optional).
- 5Remove from heat, and set aside.
- 6PREPARE PEPPERCORN SAUCE:.
- 7In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine beef broth and cracked black pepper.
- 8Simmer until reduced to 1 cup, stirring frequently. Add 1 ounce whiskey and 1 cup cream.
- 9Continue simmering until reduced to 1 cup.
- 10Remove from heat, and set aside. (Make this the day before).
- 11PREPARE STEAKS:.
- 12Slice a pocket into the side of each steak, and stuff generously with crab stuffing.
- 13Wrap almost crispy bacon around side, and secure with soaked(to prevent from burning) toothpicks.
- 14Season to taste with salt and pepper; set aside.
- 15Heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- 16Saute garlic and shallot for 1 minute. Stir in mushrooms, and saute until tender.
- 17Remove mushroom mixture, and set aside.
- 18Place steaks in skillet, and cook to desired doneness.
- 19Remove from skillet, and keep warm.
- 20Deglaze skillet with 1 ounce whiskey.
- 21Reduce heat, and stir in peppercorn sauce(that has been brought to room temperature) and Dijon mustard.
- 22Add mushroom mixture, and reduce sauce until thickened.
- 23Remove toothpicks and bacon from steaks, and arrange steaks on a plate.
- 24Top with sauce and serve with parslied egg noodles or some rice dish and vegetables.
- 25Serve with wine, of course.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab-Stuffed Filet Mignon With Whiskey Peppercorn Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1092.2
- Calories from Fat 833
- Total Fat 92.6 g
- Saturated Fat 37.8 g
- Cholesterol 251.2 mg
- Sodium 1083.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 46.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning
filet mignon steaks