Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From the Tesco Family Fish Cookbook. This is a pretty starter for a patio meal. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 6 eggs, hard boiled and halved
- 4 ounces white crab meat
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons tomato relish (optional)
- 3 -4 drops Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives or 1 tablespoon spring onion tops, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- Spoon out the egg yolks and put them into a large bowl, keeping the egg whites on the side.
- Mash the yolks with a fork and mix well with the crab meat, mayonnaise, relish and Tabasco. Adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Spoon the mixture back into the egg whites, piling it up.
- Sprinkle the chives over the eggs.
- Arrange salad leaves on a plate and place the eggs on top.
- Chill for about 1 hour until ready to serve.
Very delicious - they were gone in no time! I actually mixed the onion tops in with the mix and i left out the tobasco sauce - but the result was great! GOOD JOB!