Prep 55 mins
Cook 30 mins
Crab Stuffed Cream Cheese Mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 24 large mushrooms
- 12 ounces flaked crabmeat
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Spray a 9x12-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Use an additional baking dish if needed.
- Drizzle olive oil or butter in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Wipe mushrooms with a damp paper towel to clean.
- Remove stems, set aside caps and chop stems to add to filling.
- In a medium bowl, mix crabmeat, chopped mushroom stems, onion, dry mustard, 1 cup parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, red and black pepper, and garlic salt.
- Mix well and then stir in egg and Cream Cheese.
- Use a small cookie scoop to mound filling onto each mushroom cap.
- Melt butter and mix in garlic salt and drizzle over the filled mushrooms.
- Mound a Mozzarella Cheese over.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 425°F
- Best served hot.
- Can be prepared ahead, refrigerated and then baked just before serving (add 7-10 minutes additional baking time).