Recipe by Just Call Me Martha
This is a bit time consuming, but well worth the effort. A little bit of parsley sprinkled on top makes for a nice presentation.
- 6 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup herb seasoned stuffing mix
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Wine Mushroom Sauce
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onion and celery in 3 Tbsp butter until tender.
- Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup wine, crab and stuffing mix.
- Sprinkle each chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Top each breast with equal amounts of stuffing mixture.
- Roll and secure each breast with toothpick.
- Mix flour and paprika together in shallow dish.
- Coat each rolled chicken breast with flour mixture.
- Place in baking dish and drizzle with 2 Tbsp butter, melted.
- Bake loosely covered at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
- Sauce: Saute mushrooms in 4 Tbsp butter until"squeaky".
- Melt 5 Tbsp butter, add flour and mix into paste.
- Slowly whisk in chicken broth, 1/2 cup white wine and whipping cream.
- To serve: Transfer chicken breasts to platter and top with Wine Mushroom Sauce.