Recipe by gracefire
This recipe is so yummy, and nice enough for company. Pound out your chicken enough to cover the stuffing, and don't use 2 cans of crabmeat, like I did, or you'll never get the chicken around the stuffing! From Better Homes & Gardens "Phase 1 Low Carb Recipes"
Top Review by Rose G.
Made this last night and it was wonderful. For the first time my husband didn't tell what to add or change. I did however use lemon peel in place of the orange. Lemon just goes better with fish. I also used Neufchatel Cheese which has less fat then cream cheese and I cut back to 3 ounces. This was plenty because I only had 3 breast. I made a side of steamed brussal spouts and combination was great. Have added this to my cookbook and will make the next time I have company. This will make your guest feel special, my husband sure did. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1 tablespoon light cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter (with a touch of oil to keep butter from burning)
Directions See How It's Made
- For filling, in a small bowl combine orange peel, cream, cream cheese, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Gently stir in crabmeat; set aside.
- Place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound lightly into a rectangle about 1/8 inch thick. Remove plastic wrap. Sprinkle chicken with additional salt and pepper. Spread one-fourth of the filling evenly in center of each chicken piece. Fold narrow ends over filling; fold in sides. Roll up each chicken breast from a short side. Secure with wooden toothpicks.
- In a medium skillet cook chicken in hot butter over medium-low heat about 25 minutes or until no longer pink (170 degrees F.), turning to brown evenly.