Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons white wine, dry
- 7 1⁄2 ounces crabmeat, flaked
- 1⁄2 cup herb stuffing mix
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 packet hollandaise sauce mix
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons white wine, dry
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- Skin & bone chicken breasts; pound to flatten.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Cook onion and celery in 3T butter until tender.
- Remove from heat; add 3T wine, the crab and stuffing mix, and toss.
- Divide mixture among breasts.
- Roll up and secure.
- Combine flour, paprika.
- Coat chicken.
- Place in 11" X 7" X 2" baking dish , drizzle with 2T melted butter.
- Bake uncovered in 375 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Transfer to platter.
- Blend hollandaise sauce mix, milk.
- Cook, stirring, until thick.
- Add remaining wine and cheese.
- Stir until cheese melts.
- Serve over chicken.
It was just o.k. to me. I know I'm among the minority on this one. For one, an hour for this dish was way too long. The chicken came out very dry, perhaps because I really flattened it. I think had it not been so dry I would have appreciated the taste more. I give it a 4 star as the recipe has great potential if I could only keep the chicken moist.
This was wonderful! Can't wait for the leftovers tonight. I did use one can of crabmeat mixed with lump crabmeat, and I made a low fat version of the hollandaise sauce. Definately a keeper.
This was excellent. It even got the seal of approval from the picky child. Of course, I didn't tell her that was crab in there, either. Hubby says this is a "definite do-again." The mellow flavor of the cheese and wine in the hollandaise sauce really makes this delicious.