Recipe by MizzNezz
This delicate flavored dish is often requested for special dinners. We like it with pasta and a salad.
Top Review by Jennifer2 Johnson
I agree this dish has a delicate flavor, however, it is also very plain. It is not difficult to make, but it needs some flavor added to it. The crab is the only saving grace this recipe has.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to flatten slightly
- 1⁄2 lb crabmeat, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place crabmeat on the chickes breasts and roll as tight as possible.
- Secure with toothpicks.
- Mix flour with salt and pepper and roll the chicken.
- Heat butter and oil, saute roll-ups until browned.
- Remove from pan.
- Add flour and cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add cream, milk, thyme and basil; return chicken to pan.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10, minutes.
- Add Parmesan cheese and heat through.