1 hr 5 mins
Sweet Diva's Note:
A want-to-try recipe from Best of Country Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/3 cup saltine, crushed (about 10 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 4 (1/4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast half (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- hot cooked rice (optional)
- 1In a saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons butter.
- 2Stir in flour until smooth.
- 3Gradually stir in broth and milk.
- 4Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- 5Remove from the heat; set aside.
- 6In a skillet, saute onion in remaining butter until tender.
- 7Add the crab, mushrooms, cracker crumbs, parsley, salt, pepper and 2.
- 8tablespoons of the white sauce; heat through.
- 9Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness.
- 10Spoon about 1/2 cup of the crab mixture on each chicken breast.
- 11Roll up and secure with a toothpick.
- 12Place in a greased 9-in. square baking dish.
- 13Top with remaining white sauce.
- 14Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika.
- 15Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- 16Remove toothpicks.
- 17Serve with rice if desired.
- 18Yield: 4 servings.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.1
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 83.7 mg
- Sodium 1160.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 21.3 g