Recipe by Eldeevee
A friend made this for me when he found out that I love crab. It was very good and I asked for the recipe. I usually serve this with rice and green beans.
Top Review by KeystoneGal06
Yummyyyyy... Made this for our Mother's day celebration dinner.. was so fabulous... even had my father asking for seconds and he's not a big chicken lover.... Thanks for the great recipe!!!! :)
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained and chopped (I always use fresh mushrooms)
- 10 saltine crackers, coarsely crumbled
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound chicken to about 1/8" thick between 2 pieces of waxed paper.
- In a saucepan, melt 3 tbsp of butter; blend in flour. Add milk, chicken broth, and wine all at once; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Set aside.
- In skillet cook onion in 1 tbsp of butter until tender, but not brown. Stir in crab, mushrooms, cracker crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir in 2 tbsp of the sauce.
- Top each chicken piece with about 1/4 cup of the crab mixture. Fold sides in; roll up.
- Place seam down in a 12x8x2-inch baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over all.
- Bake, covered at 350°F until chicken is tender, about 1 hour.
- Uncover; sprinkle with Swiss cheese and paprika.
- Bake until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.