Recipe by -Patrish
This recipe calls for Dungeness crab but I suppose you could use other types of crabmeat.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon scant lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 ounces dungeness crabmeat
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten to blend
- 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs (about 3 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients in medium bowl. Add crab and mix in thoroughly.
- Season with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Cover and chill.).
- Using small sharp knife, cut horizontally through center of each chicken breast, creating pocket.
- Fill each pocket with 1/4 of stuffing.
- Dip each chicken piece into flour, then eggs, then crumbs to coat, covering completely.
- Melt butter with oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken breast halves to skillet and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 10 minutes per side.