Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A new definition of surf 'n turf one I hope you like as much as I do.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, minced (or 1/4 teaspoon dried dillweed)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 ounces dungeness crabmeat
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs (about 3 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine first 6 ingredients in medium bowl. Add crab and mix in thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Cover and chill.).
- Using small sharp knife, cut horizontally through center of each chicken breast, creating pocket.
- Fill each pocket with 1/4 of stuffing.
- Dip each chicken piece into flour, then eggs, then crumbs to coat, covering completely.
- Melt butter with oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken breast halves to skillet and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 10 minutes per side.