Recipe by MackinacBride
I was searching the internet 2 valentines days ago for a romantic, not too foo-fooey recipe and found this (don't remember what site). This is now my BH's version of comfort food, whenever he feels down he asks me to make "that fancy chicken". I like to serve it with garlic mashed potatoes.
Top Review by Wicketsmom
Wow!! The kids all loved it. The high fat content discouraged me at first, so I cut down the crm. cheese, took out the egg yolks and used margarine. This was very flavorful. Thanks!!
- 226.79 g cream cheese, softened
- 170.09 g can lump crabmeat (I actually use more)
- 63.78 g envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets savory herb with garlic soup mix
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 59.14 ml flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 177.44 ml plain breadcrumbs (I prefer seasoned crumbs)
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 22.18 ml butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cream cheese, crabmeat, and soup mix, set aside.
- Cut a 'pocket' into the side of each chicken breast (be sure not to cut all the way through!).
- Fill each pocket with the cream cheese mixture and close the opening with toothpicks.
- Dip chicken breasts in flour-> Eggs-> Breadcrumbs.
- In large skillet, melt oil and butter over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken to skillet, cook for 10 minutes, or till golden brown, turning once.
- Transfer chicken to 13x9 pan and bake in a 350°F oven, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until chicken is done.