I was searching the internet 2 valentines days ago for a romantic, not too foo-fooey recipe and found this (don't remember what site). This is now my BH's version of comfort food, whenever he feels down he asks me to make "that fancy chicken". I like to serve it with garlic mashed potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (6 ounce) can lump crabmeat (I actually use more)
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets savory herb with garlic soup mix
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup plain breadcrumbs (I prefer seasoned crumbs)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1Combine cream cheese, crabmeat, and soup mix, set aside.
- 2Cut a 'pocket' into the side of each chicken breast (be sure not to cut all the way through!).
- 3Fill each pocket with the cream cheese mixture and close the opening with toothpicks.
- 4Dip chicken breasts in flour-> Eggs-> Breadcrumbs.
- 5In large skillet, melt oil and butter over medium-high heat.
- 6Add chicken to skillet, cook for 10 minutes, or till golden brown, turning once.
- 7Transfer chicken to 13x9 pan and bake in a 350°F oven, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until chicken is done.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Stuffed Chicken (Aka Fancy Chicken)
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 647.3
- Calories from Fat 369
- Total Fat 41.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 274.7 mg
- Sodium 701.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 44.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Lipton Recipe Secrets savory herb with garlic soup mix