Recipe by Just Cher
This is one of those dishes you will want to fix when your in the mood for a real treat. Very impressive and wonderful flavors!
Top Review by Borealis Beegirl
This is a great recipe, there is a step or 2 missing, this is why I gave it 4 stars. After adding the flour and cooking, add the chicken broth, milk and wine. The cheese goes on just before you put it in the oven. I would say this is for 3 full breasts cut in half.
- 8 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup butter (divided)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can crabmeat or 3⁄4 cup fresh lump crabmeat
- 1 (3 ounce) canchopped mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup cracker crumb
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken between sheets of heavy duty plastic wrap.
- Flatten to an even thickness using a meat mallet.
- Set aside Melt 3 tbs butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour, whisking until smooth.
- Cook 1 minute, whisking constantly, until mixture has thickened and bubbly.
- set aside.
- Melt remaining 1 tbs butter in a skillet.
- Add onion and saute until tender.
- Combine onion, crab, mushrooms, cracker crumbs, parsley, salt& pepper in a bowl.
- Stir in 3 tbs sauce.
- Place 1/4 cup crab mixture on top of each chicken breast.
- Fold in sides of chicken to cover stuffing.
- Place seam side down in a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over chicken.
- Bake covered for 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from oven and sprinkle with cheese& paprika.
- Increase oven temperature to broil.
- Broil chicken for 2 minutes or until cheese melts.