Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
OK, I don't eat tomatoes myself, but these always get great reviews whenever I bring them somewhere. I really like the stuffing part.
- 1⁄4 lb lump crabmeat
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 40 cherry tomatoes (about)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the crab meat, chili sauce, mustard, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, scallions and herbs.
- Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Using a serrated knife, cut a very thin slice from the stem end of each tomato.
- Carefully scoop out pulp and seeds with the tip of a teaspoon.
- Lightly sprinkle the insides of the tomatoes with salt.
- Invert them on paper towels and let them drain for about 15 minutes.
- Using a small spoon, stuff the tomatoes with the crab, mounding the filling slightly on top.
- Serve cold.
I made this for *Zaar World Tour III* wow small in size but full in flavour. Substitute I made was I used grainy Dijon-style mustard, dried basil and dried chives (didn't have fresh ones at home). We all enjoyed them Thank you Kim127
These were really good and easy to make...the only problem I had, and this was just a personal preference was they were too oniony for me. I think next time I will stuff some of them without the scallions, then add the scallions and stuff the rest. But they had a great taste and we will be making again! Thanks for posting and congrats on winning the football pool.
Like an herby crab-cake tucked into a tiny tomato. Brilliant! And so beautiful on a platter. A wonderful party/cocktil event platter--a regular at our events from now on.