Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is so good. The stuffing is just as good baked in a casserole dish and served that way. You may adjust the seasonings for your taste.
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can crabmeat
- 1 stalk celery
- 1⁄2 cup green onion
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese, of your choice
- Sauté vegetables, excluding bell peppers, in margarine.
- Mix with crab meat and breadcrumbs.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. (If dry, add a small amount of water).
- Stuff bell peppers and cover tops with cheese.
- Bake 350°F for 30 minutes.
Margie This is a great recipe!!! Being a cook I had to add my own touch. I used a whole fresh crab, Progresso's Garlic & Herb bread crumbs, 3 cloves of garlic, and Monteray Jack cheese. I also used two yellows and two green bell peppers. Thanks again for the great recipe. Belly Up With Bob
This was excellent. First time ever that I worked with crabmeat. Used the really good stuff; fresh from the seafood dept at Wegmans. I did not add celery or onion. I used these really small sweet red and yellow peppers. After making them, I topped with shaved locatelli cheese. They were to die for. However, they were missing something very faint... which would not have been a problem had I added the onion. I will make these again, but be sure to add the onion and celery. Oh, I also used butter instead of margerine and I used minced roasted elephant garlic. Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe!!!
I used green peppers and it was great. I actually found that half a pepper was enough for each person since I served it after soup so this was absolutely great!!!