Recipe by Ginny Sue
I found this recipe while looking for new appetizers to try. I have not made this yet.
- 1 roma tomato
- 2 green onions, green tops only
- 1⁄2 lb crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce, more if desired
- 3 green peppers
Directions See How It's Made
- Seed and chop the tomato; chop the green onion.
- Combine all ingredients except green peppers in a bowl, stir well.
- Refrigerate for several hours.
- Cut peppers into 1 1/2 inch wide strips, then cut strips in half cross-wise.
- Spoon crab filling on to the pepper pieces, garnish if desired.
- A mixture of green and red bell peppers can be used for a festive holiday touch.
- Crab spread can also be served with toasted baguette slices.