Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This combination works well for luncheons or brunch.
- 2 large Hass avocadoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cooked dungeness crabmeat
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 3 drops onion juice
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese (or 1 cup cream cheese thinned with 4 teaspoons cream)
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 eureka lemon, wedged into quarters
- Wash the avocados in cold water.
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the seed and leave the skin on.
- Place the avocado on a bed of Romaine leaves with a wedge of lemon and sliced tomatoes.
- Mix the crab meat, celery, green pepper, onion juice Mascarpone cheese and mayonnaise together; add nutmeg, salt and paprika.
- Heap this on the avocado half and decorate with the capers.
I tried this for a luncheon I had the other day and it was highly complimented. Thanks for the dish.