This recipe came from House & Garden, June 1956. I buy cooked lump crabmeat to save time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR EACH SERVING
- 1Cut the stem of the artichoke flush with the base and slice off the tight top leaves.
- 2Snip prickles off each side leaf with scissors, if desired.
- 3Boil for 25 to 40 minutes in salted water.
- 4The artichoke is done when an outer leaf pulls out easily.
- 5Drain well upside down, and while still warm from cooking, prepare for salad.
- 6Press leaves gently back so that the artichoke lies open like a flower.
- 7Pull out the cone of undeveloped white leaves.
- 8Scrape out choke with a spoon.
- 10Mix the crabmeat, celery, bell pepper, onion, and mayonnaise together; add nutmeg, salt, and paprika.
- 11Heap this on the artichoke heart and decorate with capers.
- 12Pass a bowl of mayonnaise at the table.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Stuffed Artichoke Salad
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.9
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 184.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: