Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe came from House & Garden, June 1956. I buy cooked lump crabmeat to save time.
Make and share this Crab Stuffed Artichoke Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Cut the stem of the artichoke flush with the base and slice off the tight top leaves.
- Snip prickles off each side leaf with scissors, if desired.
- Boil for 25 to 40 minutes in salted water.
- The artichoke is done when an outer leaf pulls out easily.
- Drain well upside down, and while still warm from cooking, prepare for salad.
- Press leaves gently back so that the artichoke lies open like a flower.
- Pull out the cone of undeveloped white leaves.
- Scrape out choke with a spoon.
- Mix the crabmeat, celery, bell pepper, onion, and mayonnaise together; add nutmeg, salt, and paprika.
- Heap this on the artichoke heart and decorate with capers.
- Pass a bowl of mayonnaise at the table.