1/1 Photo of Crab Stick Dippers
Sydney Mike's Note:
This is a recipe was adapted from a regular crab cake recipe, & these little goodies are great finger foods for the dinner table or for a buffet of appetizers! For the bread crumbs I usually use 1 cup of unseasoned crumbs [store bought] & 1 cup of my own, made from Orowheat's winter wheat bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, gently beat egg & egg whites.
- 2Stir in chives, flour, baking powder, salt & pepper, & mix well.
- 3Fold in crabmeat, then cover & cool in refrigerator several hours.
- 4Put bread crumbs in a pie plate or other shallow bowl.
- 5Measure crabmeat mixture by mounding one tablespoon [about 1/8 cup], then shaping that amount into a small flat stick or cake about 3/4" thick.
- 6Gently roll & coat each stick in bread crumbs & set aside. There should be about 24 sticks.
- 7In a large nonstick skillet, with oil over medium-high heat, cook crab sticks in batches for about 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- 8As each stick is removed from oil, place on paper-towel lined wire rack.
- 9Serve at room temperature with a seafood dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Stick Dippers
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.3
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 20.7 mg
- Sodium 354.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 7.3 g