Recipe by Sydney Mike
This is a recipe was adapted from a regular crab cake recipe, & these little goodies are great finger foods for the dinner table or for a buffet of appetizers! For the bread crumbs I usually use 1 cup of unseasoned crumbs [store bought] & 1 cup of my own, made from Orowheat's winter wheat bread.
Top Review by weekend cooker
Well, after some extra work I did manage to get them on a popsicle stick. I did end up with 24. Now the flavor with the chives, pepper,along with the crabmeat is EXCEPTIONAL !! It made for a great appetizer for us, and plan on making again. Made for Gimme 5.
- 1 large egg
- 4 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons chives, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained, flaked, cartilage removed
- 2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, gently beat egg & egg whites.
- Stir in chives, flour, baking powder, salt & pepper, & mix well.
- Fold in crabmeat, then cover & cool in refrigerator several hours.
- Put bread crumbs in a pie plate or other shallow bowl.
- Measure crabmeat mixture by mounding one tablespoon [about 1/8 cup], then shaping that amount into a small flat stick or cake about 3/4" thick.
- Gently roll & coat each stick in bread crumbs & set aside. There should be about 24 sticks.
- In a large nonstick skillet, with oil over medium-high heat, cook crab sticks in batches for about 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- As each stick is removed from oil, place on paper-towel lined wire rack.
- Serve at room temperature with a seafood dipping sauce.