Recipe by Alan Leonetti
There are thousands of recipes for crab spreads, but this recipe is for people like me that can't eat hot stuff. You can use real lump crabmeat, which will be even better. The directions do not reflect the 2 hours refrigeration time.
- 4 ounces cream cheese (Philadelphia Brand, softened)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) package imitation crabmeat (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup celery (finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (pressed or minced)
- cracker, for dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave cream cheese on high for 30 seconds until softened.
- Add mayonnaise and whisk until smooth.
- Add crabmeat, green pepper and celery.
- Add pressed garlic and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours so that the flavors will blend together.
- Serve on crackers.