Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Only Crabmeat, garlic, onion and olive oil (plus salt and pepper) so this is a super easy no-cook mixture. From the Favorite Seafood Recipes of the Eastern Shore booklet.
- 1 lb crabmeat, picked over
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix onion, garlic and olive oil and let stand to blend.
- Meanwhile, remove any cartilage from the crabmeat.
- Mix the crabmeat together with the onion, garlic and olive oil blend and serve with crackers.
Very good, but a bit dry and crumbly for my taste.We have lactose intolerant individuals and I added mayo to my preferred texture. It worked wonderfully.
So quick to make and really low-fat which is such a major plus; and a recipe which allows the crabmeat to be the star of the show. This is a recipe which I know I’ll be coming back to again and again and making for easy take-to-work lunches during the summer months. I grated the onion and the garlic (I used 2 cloves) and I served this for lunch over slices of fresh brown rye bread with baby lettuce leaves. It looked and tasted sensational. Everyone loved it. It would also make an excellent appetizer. Thanks Oolala!
A very easy and tasty recipe to prepare. DH and I enjoyed it very much. Thanks for posting.