Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This crab spread is delicious and the presentation is beautiful.
- 6 1⁄2 ounces top quality crabmeat (fresh, canned "or" frozen)
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 small onion, grated
- 0.5 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- dried parsley flakes
- Whip cream cheese with mixer.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, mayonnaise and onion; mix well.
- Spread evenly on a serving platter.
- Spread 1/2 bottle chili sauce over the cream cheese mixture.
- Flake drained crabmeat over the top.
- Sprinkle with dried parley flakes.
- Serve with Frito scoops or with crackers as a spread.
This is my DH's favorite holiday appetizer. My MIL makes it every year only difference being she adds 1/4 tsp garlic salt. I couldn't find the recipe this morning and was thrilled when I saw you had it posted, Thanks so much for posting! Nick's Mom
This layered crab spread has been a family favorite for ages! I often use onion powder instead of raw onion and sometimes, when I am feeling a bit saucy, I add a touch of horseradish in with the cream cheese. Make sure to provide sturdy crackers and raw veggies.
Never a spoonful left! I've been serving this at parties for years & it is always a favorite. I omit the mayo and add some garlic powder. I also add chopped green onions (tops & bottoms) to the cream cheese mixture. I serve with Wheat Thins and Sociable crackers. This deserves 10 stars.