Recipe by D-SOLO
I saw this recipe in Betty Crocker's Quick&Easy Cookbook. I altered it to my personal liking.
Top Review by Chef Lanibobonnie
I made this recipe with what I had onhand, Surimi instead of crab, half&half instead of milk and spinach soup mix instead of leek. I also did not take the stems off of the baby spinach....wasn't even noticable. It was excellent and I plan to make it a take-with dish for potlucks. Thanks, D-Solo
- 1 (8 ounce) can crabmeat
- 2 cups of uncooked gernelli pasta (twist)
- 1 (1 7/8 ounce) package leek soup mix
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, stems removed
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, cut up in fine pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 1 1/2-quart casserole or square baking dish, 8x8x2 inches, with cooking spray.
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- While pasta is cooking, mix soup mix and milk in 1-quart saucepan. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Cut up garlic clove (my personal ingrediant) and place in a medium size bowl.
- Wash and drain spinach and place in same bowl.
- Mix pasta and crab claw meat (my personal choice instead of imitation crabmeat) with items in bowl.
- Pour soup mixture over pasta mixture; stir gently to mix.
- Pour entire mixture in casserole and spread evenly. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered about 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and light golden brown.