Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sooooo good. I like to serve this with bread sticks and salad.
- 7 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 teaspoons flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups crabmeat, picked over
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- salt and pepper
- chopped parsley (to sprinkle on top)
- Melt 1/2 the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Remove and set aside.
- Melt the remaining butter in a large saucepan.
- Add the flour and whisk to smooth.
- Whisk in the chicken stock and cream and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the mushrooms and crabmeat.
- Cook for 3 minutes to heat through.
- Remove from heat, stir in cheese and sherry-taste and adjust salt and pepper.
- Pour into a serving bowl, garnish and serve.
This soup was fantastic, a big hit with the Mister.I didn't have any fresh grated parmesan so I used 1/2 cheddar 1/2 monterey jack.
I served this soup as a starter for a dinner party and it was a major hit, everybody loved it.We had been out that morning and caught our own crabs from the estuary, fresh is best.. thanks for the great recipe
Very tasty, although hubby didn't like it because it tasted too much like a bisque for him.