Recipe by Just Call Me Martha
I have had this recipe for years, handwritten. No idea where it came from originally, but what a great dish that really will impress guests.
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
Made this for dinner a few nights ago. Very rich, very delicious! DH and I ate it all in one sitting, despite serving 4, it was that good. I'd definitely make this again. Thanks!
- 24 large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 1 cup celery, finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lb fresh crabmeat (or canned if necessary)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 dash paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Split the raw shrimp lengthwise, so they can be opened flat, but do not cut all the way through.
- Spread the shrimp flat in a 9" X 13" baking dish and set aside.
- In medium skillet, melt 2 tbsp butter and then saute onion, celery and green pepper until onion is transparent.
- Remove from heat.
- Add parsley.
- Toss this mixture with crabmeat.
- Add seasonings, breadcrumbs, egg and cream.
- Toss gently, but thoroughly.
- Mound crab mixture on shrimp.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter and add minced garlic. Pour over shrimp and crab mixture.
- Sprinkle top with paprika and bake in 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.