Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This has been my "go to" recipe for any potluck or dinner party for the past 20 years. It is the "BEST." I always get at least 5 or 6 requests for the recipe. Best of all, it's EASY!
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup diced sweet onion (red)
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packetknox unflavored gelatin
- 1 lb imitation crabmeat or 1 lb bay shrimp
- salt and pepper
- 10 -20 drops hot sauce, to taste
- Heat soup until hot, not boiling.
- Add cream cheese, stir until blended.
- Dissolve gelatin in 3 tbsp hot water.
- Combine gelatin with soup mix.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Pour into oiled mold.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with fresh bagels cut into wedges.
This is fantastic! Everyone loved it at the party. I did use the imitation crab Plus folded in some shrimp. Talk about Yummy? This is so good! It would be "million dollar" if I would have used real crab. Next time!