Nana Bev's Note:
Delightfully tasty and with the puff pastry, it makes a nice dinner with a salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red peppers
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup half-and-half cream (10%)
- 2 cups crabmeat
- 1 cup peeled raw shrimp (thawed)
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms (regular white or mixed variety)
- 1/4 cup grated lightly smoked cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 1Melt butter, add onion and red pepper and saute until just softened.
- 2Add flour and stir to incorporate the flour with the butter/onion mixture. Slowly add the cream, stirring constantly until all cream has been added. Cook until thick and smooth. Add crabmeat, raw shrimp, mushrooms and sherry to the sauce and cook until shrimp are pink through.
- 3Stir in the grated cheeses. Let simmer until reduced and thickened a little more.
- 4Line a deep dish pie plate (or any other type of ovenproof dish) with the pastry (keep the parchment paper and put that down first so the pastry won’t burn to the bottom).
- 5Add the crab/shrimp mixture. Put another sheet of pastry (no parchment) on the top, pinch edges together. Cut vent holes in the top and brush with a little melted butter. Sprinkle with more cheese if you wish.
- 6Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab & Shrimp in Puff Pastry
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 942.8
- Calories from Fat 572
- Total Fat 63.6 g
- Saturated Fat 22.3 g
- Cholesterol 50.5 mg
- Sodium 515.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 15.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: