Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I created this soup for using left over seafood. Try it with lobster or baked fish left overs. Add a little corn for a different twist.
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth (with 1/2 can water)
- 1 medium white onion, thinly sliced & quartered
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tiger sauce or 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic (canned)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 -3 small red potatoes, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons flour (mix with some of milk to thicken)
- 1⁄2 cup cooked crabmeat, cut small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup cooked shrimp, cut small pieces
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- bacon bits (optional)
- Melt margarine; add broth, water, onion, salt, tiger seasoning, and garlic. Bring to boil then simmer for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Add potatoes, carrots, and celery, simmer until potatoes are done.
- Mix a little milk with flour to make thickening; add with rest of milk and half-and-half. Bring to almost boil, add cheeses, shrimp, and crabmeat and cook until hot.
- Top with bacon bits.